Wednesday, June 6, 2012

No- Work Gardening?! I'm in.

Anything that's called "No Work" and I'm skeptical.  It's typical for me to pick the most difficult method to accomplish a goal, because I get caught up in the beauty of the details.  How wonderful would it be to make homemade vanilla ice cream from vanilla extract that I have made at home?  So wonderful, in fact, that I've never made vanilla ice cream....because I've never made vanilla extract.  I have sat in the liquor section of the grocery store and stared bottles of vodka in the face many times and not put them in my cart.  I can't justify buying a huge bottle of vodka just to make a small bit of vanilla. 

So no homemade vanilla ice cream for me.

But No Work Gardening? Sounds too good to be true. But after all these long hours that I've spent in the garden this spring, I'd like to just sit and wait for the harvest.  And Ruth Stout did just that. 

This little old lady came up with an interesting idea.  And it's mulch.  And mulch.  And more mulch.   Move the mulch aside, throw some seeds down, throw some soil on them, water.  Done.

xM




2 comments: